A Flexible Treatment for Facial Aesthetics, TMJD, Migraines, and More
If you’re unsatisfied with wrinkles on your face, or if you suffer from chronic migraine or TMJ pain, Kernagis Dental Excellence can help! At our South Shore office serving Apollo Beach and Riverview, FL, we offer Botox treatments including Botox for migraines and Botox for TMJ.
What Is Botox?
Botox is the trade name for a small injection of botulinum toxin. This injection helps relax muscles and nerves to stop them from stressing and overworking—things which can cause skin wrinkles and numerous chronic pains.
Botox is a temporary treatment to reduce the appearance of aging, and in recent years it has also proven to be effective in reducing pain from migraines and TMJ disorders. This simple procedure can help you feel and look better for months at a time.
Botulinum Toxin Procedures
Though Botox is known for its cosmetic uses, the botulinum toxin found in Botox treatments has been shown to have many benefits, including medical ones. Botox procedures include the following:
- Facial Aesthetics – Botox for facial aesthetics relaxes the nerves that tense up to cause stress lines or wrinkles in your face. A small injection relaxes the nerves in your face enough to reduce the wrinkles for months, while you still retain sensation in your muscles.
- Migraines – Botox for migraines works by reducing the muscle movement that causes tension and stress and leads to migraine headaches. Though there are many different causes of migraine headaches, many people have found reduced migraine pain with Botox for migraines.
- TMJ Disorder / Teeth Grinding – Botox for TMJ calms spasms in the nerves around your jaw that can lead to TMD, a painful disorder of the temporomandibular joint (TMJ) in your jaw. TMJ disorder is commonly caused by excessive teeth grinding, or bruxism, which overworks your jaw and can damage your teeth as well. Botox for TMJ prevents uncontrolled muscle spasms that lead to teeth grinding and TMD, so you can protect your teeth and feel relief from TMJ pain with one treatment.
With all the many benefits of Botox, Botox for migraines, and Botox for TMJ, Botox could be a great option for you. Come into our South Shore office today for a consultation.
Is Botox Right for Me?
- Botox is a great solution for many ailments. Come ask us about Botox if you:
- Are 18–65 years old.
- Want a non-surgical treatment for wrinkles and aging skin.
- Get frequent migraine headaches.
- Have been diagnosed with chronic pain caused by TMJ disorder.
- Suffer from bruxism or excessive teeth grinding.
Botox is not meant for children, and it may not be the best solution for everyone. For better information, come into our Kernagis Dental Excellence office at Apollo Beach to learn more.
Get Excellent Treatment for Wrinkles and Pain with Botox from South Shore Dental Excellence in Gibsonton!
Our team is skilled in administering Botox for facial aesthetics, Botox for migraines, and Botox for TMJ. Call, text, or email us today to learn more about what Botox can do for you!